AVISTA Incorporated was started in Platteville, Wisconsin, by faculty and graduates of the engineering department of University of Wisconsin-Platteville. With many customers in Cedar Rapids and the Twin Cities area, we’ve expanded to include facilities in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Blaine, Minnesota.
Since 1987, AVISTA has provided safety-critical and mission-critical software engineering services to the world’s leading companies. We offer the right combination of people, processes and technologies, along with a deep commitment to our clients’ success. With the most experienced team in the industry, we do the work right, the first time, ensuring high-quality results at a low cost.
The AVISTA team provides the following engineering services to our clients:
- Software Engineering – Our AVISTA engineers provide safe, reliable software from planning, design and development through integration and testing.
- Systems Engineering – AVISTA Incorporated delivers well-designed and developed military and commercial systems to meet our customers’ engineering needs.
- Verification & Validation – With over 30 years’ experience, AVISTA is a proven leader in software verification and validation for aerospace, defense and medical applications.
- Automated Test Environments – We have the software and hardware experience to support automated test solutions, tailored to the specific needs of our customers.
- Hardware Engineering – AVISTA engineers enable compliant implementation of DO-254 validation to ensure quality, safety and reliability of the hardware.
- Software Certification Support – As respected experts in a range of standards, especially DO-178C, AVISTA supports certification audits, consulting and training.
Each of our services is delivered with the AVISTA trademark promise: to exceed client needs and expectations. With over 1,500 successful software projects completed, we have worked with leaders in the avionics and medical electronics industries, as well as government and military organizations.